If a small business has IT, does it need cybersecurity?
The Governor of the State of Idaho has officially adopted the use of the Critical Security Controls (CSCs) to improve cybersecurity for State Executive Agencies. The CSCs are an excellent method for implementing cyber defense. Learn how your organization/business can benefit from using the CSCs:
Top 3 Ways to Protect Your Business Online
1. Train employees in security principles
2. Protect information, computers, and networks from cyber attacks
3. Provide firewall security for your Internet connection
4. Create a mobile device action plan
5. Make backup copies of important business data and information
6. Control physical access to your computers and create user accounts for each employee
7. Secure your Wi-Fi networks
8. Employ best practices on payment cards
9. Limit employee access to data and information, limit authority to install software
10. Passwords and authentication
Online resource to help businesses understand the need and benefits in securing their networks and computer systems. Use this site to learn about the issues, make smart decisions about cybersecurity, and understand how to work with your local law enforcement to report an incident.
Small Business Development Center – Cyber Security
The Idaho SBDC wants to demystify cyber security and bring awareness about how a business can take the appropriate steps to operate more secure. We are here to help you prepare for and respond to attacks.
Information and recommended steps for safeguarding against ransomware & additional collection of standard practices for what to do before and after a ransomware attack.
New toolkit to help small business owners manage security and privacy challenges. Demystifies the complexities of data security and gives you a non-technical roadmap to securing your customer’s and employees’ data.
Comprehensive toolkit with practical information you can put to use immediately and improve the protection of your computers and your business.
All-inclusive library of cyber security publications ranging from general Internet security to how to protect your business computers. Includes access to the national cyber alert system to keep your business informed of the most recent Internet threats.