Cybersecurity Awareness Resources
Protecting Idaho citizens’ privacy by safeguarding Idaho’s information, data, systems and infrastructure while establishing strong cybersecurity leadership, awareness and training, best practices, and partnerships.
The Office of Information Technology Services (OITS) intends to solicit assistance from the Department of Defense’ Innovative Readiness Training Program. This assistance will include Information Security maturity, resilience, and incident response projects to support the State of Idaho’s cybersecurity needs. This assistance will take place at 11311 W. Chinden Boulevard in Boise, Idaho throughout Federal Fiscal Year Oct 1st – Sept 30th 2022-2024. Contractors, labor unions or private individuals who have questions or who wish to voice opposition to Idaho National Guard assistance for this project may contact Keith Tresh (Keith.Tresh@its.idaho.gov) at the Office of Information Technology Services no later than 30 days after the publication of this notice. Persons not filing comments within this timeframe will be considered to have no comments or concerns regarding Idaho National Guard assistance to OITS and this project.
Recent Cybersecurity News
- Accused Russian RSOCKS Botmaster Arrested, Requests Extradition to U.S.
- SIM Swapper Abducted, Beaten, Held for $200k Ransom
- Botched Crypto Mugging Lands Three U.K. Men in Jail
- Say Hello to Crazy Thin ‘Deep Insert’ ATM Skimmers
- Wormable Flaw, 0days Lead Sept. 2022 Patch Tuesday
- Transacting in Person with Strangers from the Internet
- Violence-as-a-Service: Brickings, Firebombings & Shootings for Hire
- Final Thoughts on Ubiquiti
- How 1-Time Passcodes Became a Corporate Liability
- PayPal Phishing Scam Uses Invoices Sent Via PayPal
- Student Loan Breach Exposes 2.5M Records
- Watering Hole Attacks Push ScanBox Keylogger
- Tentacles of ‘0ktapus’ Threat Group Victimize 130 Firms
- Ransomware Attacks are on the Rise
- Cybercriminals Are Selling Access to Chinese Surveillance Cameras
- Twitter Whistleblower Complaint: The TL;DR Version
- Firewall Bug Under Active Attack Triggers CISA Warning
- Fake Reservation Links Prey on Weary Travelers
- iPhone Users Urged to Update to Patch 2 Zero-Days
- Google Patches Chrome’s Fifth Zero-Day of the Year