The importance of protecting yourself, your family, and your organization while online should not be underestimated. Studies have proven that the majority of cyber security breaches result from an online act that users did or failed to do.Taking the appropriate steps to protect yourself is simple. Get informed on these critical issues and pass along this information to your friends, families, and co-workers.
- Shopping Safely Online
- Lock Down Your Login: Follow these 6 simple steps to gain peace of mind and more control over your online security
- Get Net Wise “One click” access to the resources you need to make informed decisions about your online experience.
- On Guard Online Practical tips from the federal government and the technology industry to help you secure your computer, protect your personal information, and be on guard against Internet fraud.
- Home Computer Security All-inclusive guide provided by the U.S. Computer Emergency Response Team describes the things you ought to know, do, and install to improve the security of your home computer.
- Be a Cyber Secure Citizen Simple steps, practices, and resources to learn the basics on how to better secure your home computer from cyber threats. Includes access to free computer security checks for your computer.
Top 3 Ways to Protect Yourself Online
- Use anti-virus and separate anti-spyware software and keep it up to date.
- Do not open e-mails or attachments from unknown sources. Be suspicious of any attachments, even if it appears to be from someone you know.
- Use hard-to-guess passwords and keep them private.