Computers and the Internet are tremendous tools for educators and students, and have significantly increased learning opportunities for students throughout Idaho.
As an educator, you play a crucial role in guiding our children towards smart choices while online. Teach children about the risks of the Internet, as well as the responsibilities of being a “cyber citizen,” to ensure our kids will not become victims or victimize others while online.
The tools and resources highlighted on this site are some of the best in the nation. We encourage you to incorporate these resources into your teaching experience.
- Cyber Smart
Empower K-8 students to use the Internet safely, responsibly, and effectively using this free curriculum. Uses original standards-based lesson plans, includes student activity sheets, and is non-sequential for flexible implementation.
Free classroom curriculum with dynamic community outreach to empower students, teachers, parents, law enforcement, and concerned adults to make the Internet a safer place.
Compilation of publications and articles regarding education and cyber security issues. Specifically targets issues faced by secondary schools and higher education institutions.
- Stay Safe Online for Educators
Information on practices you can teach to help safeguard your student's computers. Includes K-12 curriculum that educators can use in classrooms, educational materials and other Internet resources, to include a new "Cyber Security Assembly Toolkit."
- Information Assurance Program - Idaho State University
A program dedicated to the development of a cadre of highly motivated, educated information systems professionals who are knowledgeable in the principles of cyber security.
- Scholarship for Service Program - Idaho State University
Developed by the National Science Foundation's Cyber Service Program.
- Center for Secure and Dependable Systems - University of Idaho
A program dedicated to the need for computer-related security education and research.
Top 3 Ways to Protect Your Students Online
- Incorporate Internet safety education into your classroom. You are instrumental in protecting our children online. Use the resources here to improve our children's awareness.
- Educate yourself on the online risks facing today's students. Be informed and turn this knowledge into lessons and activities.
- Encourage your students to share lessons learned with each other. Facilitate classroom discussions on how to be smart and safe when online.